Saturday, June 28, 2008

Cat and Filter Info from Haven

1) Yesterday we had Heath Garman come down from Radical Ridge where he has been working with his cat. Heath did a great job. He made a fire break around the house and moved some large fallen trees away from our house which is in the Eldridge Creek valley. It took 2 hours.

I just confirmed with Heath that he is available to do firebreaks at homesites. The eastern side of the ranch is most reachable for him. His cat is now at the bottom of Fetzer hill. He said that if the fire gets close enough CDF will do a fire break around houses. I didn't want to wait and feel much better with having the fire break in place.

Contact: Heath Garman at 354-0656. He charges $150 an hour.

2) I went to Friedman's today and managed to get some box fans. There was one left. They will be getting a new order in on Monday. On the way out I saw a flyer for "Magic Clean Air Cleaner with Ionizer." It is a HEPA air filter costing $79. They are expecting a shipment tonight from LA. I thought I'd try one of these and a box fan and see which works best.

3) I went to the Barricade Fire Blocking Gel demonstration at Hydro-Pacific. Chris had trouble making the gel work. At first he said it was the high Ukiah water pressure and then said it was the nozzle on the gel can. If you have bought this it would be a really good idea to try it out before you need to use it.

My best to everyone, Haven

No comments: