Several people have asked me about this new flurry of helicopter and fire engine activity. I just spoke with Brian Kornegay, the IC, and he says that they found several "snags" (burned or burning trees at risk of falling) that were too difficult for the crew to get to, and they are working to put them out before they head home. Most of the crew is finally going to get a day off tomorrow, and Brian wants to have everything as quiet as he can before he goes.
There is some chance that he will be coming back up here with his wife to show her his hard work. If he does come up, are you interested in coming over here when he is here to thank him? I think it might be nice for him to see (and to show his wife) how much we appreciate his hard and successful work on our behalf.
If you are interested, please email me back tonight. I will let you know if/when to come over as soon as I know anything.
Most likely he won't come up, so we will do something later, and it will definitely be a last-minute, nothing-fancy hello, but if we can pull it off, I think it would be nice for him.
Rod
Friday, July 11, 2008
More Orr Fire News - July 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment